Dental health is an important aspect of overall health. We work together with dentists and their patients to solve problems using customized medications. San Jose Compounding Pharmacy can provide a number of compounds for dental comfort, such as bacterial, viral, and fungal infections, and protecting mouth surfaces. Formulations include gels, gargle solutions, rinse solutions, sprays, pastes, and injections.
Some of the most commonly treated dental conditions are for:
- Pain- benzocaine, lidocaine, tetracaine, cyclobenzaprine
- Mouth ulcers- tetracycline, hydrocortisone, diphenhydramine, Maalox
- Infections- doxycycline, acyclovir, clotrimazole, nystatin
- Burning mouth- amitriptyline, gabapentin
- Dry mouth- electrolyte troche
We also compound
- Lip balms
- Topical muscle relaxants/analgesics
- Topical anesthetics
- Mouth rinses for aphthous ulcers or chemotherapy-induced stomatitis
- Mouth rinse to stop oral bleeding for patients taking anticoagulants
- Dry socket preparations
- Many more unique preparations.
Call and talk to one our pharmacists for additional questions.